I'm not sure why my body thinks the best way to prepare for childbirth and labor is by not sleeping, but for some reason it does. I believe getting the best sleep of my life for a few months before sleep deprivation would be much more effective, but what do I know!
So, after laying awake in bed for an hour or so (all of you that get up at 5:30 regularly can keep your judgements to yourself) I thought I would take some time this morning to say Happy Mother's Day to the women in my life (especially my own incredible mother) and remind everyone who reads my blog that I am the luckiest woman in the world. I absolutely love being a mom and I feel so blessed to be the mother of Sophia and to be having another baby soon! Sophia is such a happy, fun little girl and she brings so much joy into our lives.
I took this picture a day or two ago and showed Braden and he said it was a "classic Soph". She loves to drink from her sippy cup and feel something soft while she does so. She has a feather boa (her "kitty tail") that she prefers, but sometimes plays with her hair or gets my duster out as a substitute. This cracks me up every time.
On a side note, I wanted to say how much we are going to miss having family near by when we move. Yesterday two of my siblings babysat (at two different times) so Braden and I could go out. Matt came during the day while we went to the temple and Jodi came at night while we went to Logan and Hillary's for dessert and laughter. It means a lot to me to get to spend time with Braden and I don't think Matt or Jodi will know how much I appreciate their help until they have children of their own.
Braden and I have been talking about how sad it will be for Soph to not know her extended family as well since we will be far away. Recently, she has been talking about family (grandparents, great grandparents, aunts and uncles) and will mention someone by name and then will say "miss 'em". She says it out of the blue so I know she is thinking about that person and it melts my heart to know she cares about our family but makes me so sad to leave. And, I wanted all you family members to know Soph loves you!

No comments:
Post a Comment