Yesterday Braden had Lasik surgery done and he is doing great. He came home, slept during the afternoon, rested his eyes most of the evening, and has been feeling great today. He says that it still feels like he has a scratch on his eyes (probably because they sliced the top of his eye almost all the way off) but he has very little discomfort and great vision. He feels 98% recovered and his vision is now as good as it was with contacts. He has a follow up Tuesday to check his healing and eyesight.
Yesterday, I was on eye drop duty and bed pan changing. Just kidding about the last part, thank goodness. I think I suffered from Florence Nightengale syndrome though. The part I didn't like was seeing his blood shot eyes. They cleared up by last night and here is a picture of what they looked like today. Braden thinks the red is from where the suction touches the eye (for cutting the flap).
Here is a picture of Braden pretending to sleep in the protection he has to wear to bed. You can see why it was so easy to fall in love with my patient. They are good looking googles!
And finally, and I think most remarkably, these are pictures I had Braden take of how his vision was (without glasses/contacts) before the surgery and after. They were taken from our couch maybe 7 feet away.
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| After |
(I really hope you didn't need the clarifying before and after captions). Needless to say, he is very happy and it is quite a miracle!




No comments:
Post a Comment