(As I started writing this, I realized I have a LOT to say about Sophia so I hope to post all week about her and her development.)
Soph is growing up so fast and I can't take it anymore. It's fun to watch her learn, but the rate at which it happens is cruel. Some days she seems so old to me and I think she is the cutest and feel sad at the same time.
We have been taking mom-and-me swim lessons, which has been really fun. (And so cute when she talks about going "fwimming".) She is afraid to do some of the things at the lesson (like blow bubbles) and is sometimes distracted by everything going on at the pool, but tonight in the bath she was showing Braden and I her new skills. She was blowing bubbles and putting her ears in the water (another fear) and I felt happy that she was overcoming some of the fear she has! I just want her to be comfortable in the water so she can enjoy swimming. This is a picture before her swim lessons Friday:
And, if I'm being honest, I want her to be comfortable in the water so we can swim a lot this summer because it feels so nice to have my preggo body in the pool. I'm sure it will feel even better when I'm hot and ready to pop in July.
We have been playing outside more and more since the weather is finally warming up around here. She loves to play in the dirt and run around outside. Sophia LOVES flowers and always wants me to stop and let her smell them when we pass them at Costco. In her innocence, she loves Dandelions as much as the beautiful bunches at the store.
After I took these pictures, she went back on the grass and picked another one and I saw her little mouth whispering As she got closer, I heard her say over and over, "bring to mama, bring to mama" and she gave it to me. I never thought I would love a weed so much!



awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
ReplyDeleteDitto to Matthew. That is the sweetest thing about her bringing you the dandelion. Soph is so dang adorable. I can't believe how fast she is growing up too! And yay for showing off her swimming skills! :D
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad Braden's Lasik went so well. I bet he is thrilled! Soph is adorable as always. I love the story about dandelions; she would think my back yard garden was awesome! ;) It sounds like swimming is fun, I always thought that mommy and me classes sounded like a fun thing to do with kids. Lets get together soon! =)
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the validation everyone. I did think she was pretty cute giving me a flower.
ReplyDeleteAmy Jo- we would love to get together!!