![]() |
| In her new car seat, on the way to swimming |
Soph has been in her same infant car seat since she was born because we bought a Chicco Keyfit 30 (for up to 30 pounds). Since Soph is petite, she still is less than 30 pounds and still fits (and it is much safer to be rear-facing, so we have kept her in it). But, one of the things on the "prepare for baby" list was to get Soph a new car seat so that baby can have the infant seat. We bought one a few weeks ago and she seems to really like being forward-facing.
I'm sure other almost 2-year-olds are very talkative, but because she has been rear-facing and not able to see much, the contrast between before and after has been big. She wants to talk about everything she sees. Sometimes this is very fun, but driving is A LOT more work for me now. Her chatter is cute, but she likes for me to repeat things that she says so that she knows I have heard her. If I do not repeat, then she says the same thing over and over and over.
We have been talking a lot about lights (red vs green), arrows, and high fives. You might be wondering what a high five is... It's the "stop walking" signal near the street lights. That is what Soph calls them and when I figured that out, I was definitely laughing. We also talk about the people she sees and what they are doing ("guy riding bike", "girl walking", "girl running, exercising, do yoda" which is how she says yoga.) Yes, she knows all about yoga - more on that in a future post.
She will also point out that she sees "ABC's!" and the other day she told me she saw a mouse, which I thought was a little far-fetched until I turned around (we were at a red light) and saw Chuck E Cheese in the distance. She also heard me say once after a U-turn that I went the wrong way and now she will sometimes tell me that I'm going the wrong way. I get enough of this from Braden and was really hoping she wouldn't back seat drive me too. And, while we are on the subject of her doing things beyond her years, I'll mention that the other day she requested that the music we were listening to "be loud".
In her sunglasses and new carseat, looking as old as she acts:
That is just a taste of all the things we talk about in the car. It's pretty fun to hear what is going on her little head all the time!


I am forever grateful for the 20-month preview into my future. Love this blog.
ReplyDeleteMark said that the second picture could have been me as a little girl.....didn't know I was so cute!
ReplyDeleteHaley, This is such a wonderful post. I laughed all night! It is just amazing what happens when all the things that have been going on inside that little head begin to come spilling out. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the positive reinforcement everyone! It helps keep my motivated, even though I know our little family will be the benefactors of good record keeping!
ReplyDelete