Thursday, April 28, 2011

My wife

I know the title of this post may be confusing, especially after you realize this is NOT a guest post from Braden, but I thought I would introduce you to my wife, Jodi (pictures here).  (For those of you who are wondering, we are NOT polygamists...)  A few years ago for Christmas, all I could tell Braden that I wanted for Christmas was a wife.  At the time I was working full time (and I may have been pregnant) and I felt that my evenings were all about working around the house, making dinner, etc and I didn't get to have any fun.  Plus, Braden was working and in school so he wasn't sitting around wondering how he could help me (darn it!).  This year I got my wish!

When I was thinking about working at LDS Family Services, we wondered what to do about Sophia.  We talked Jodi into quitting her job and working for us instead and it has been AWESOME!  There is nothing like leaving for work knowing that Sophia is being taken care of by someone who loves her (and who she loves...)  This video is proof of their bond and was taken on graduation day right after Jodi pulled up outside.



Jodi will also do work for me around the house, helping me feel like I'm not skipping a beat while at work.  The list she completed today was lengthy, but the highlight was coming home to dinner (delish enchiladas) at 5 that I scarfed down before leaving to go run my group at 5:30.  She does dishes, folds laundry, washes floors, cleans bathrooms, and of course plays with Sophia.  She makes dinner- which is usually great- but you can read about a not so great dinner HERE.  If you haven't lost your appitite and want the BEST pizza sauce and dough recipe, there you are.  (You can leave out the wheat germ and sub flour in the dough.  We do half white, half wheat flour).

I have been spoiled and don't know what I'm going to do if I end up working in Vancouver.  But for now I'm enjoying how it feels to be a husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment