Sophia is such an awesome girl. She tries hard to do what is right. She loves Audrey and wants to help her (and is sometimes a little too helpful...). A few weeks ago she told Braden and I both separately and at different times in a very sincere way, "I love you SO much". She also told me that week, "I love your baby SO much", referring to Audrey. We say that to each other often but the way she told us out of the blue and with such seriousness on different days made me think she had been thinking about it. She loves to sing and sings a LOT. The other day at lunch she listed five songs and asked me what I would like to hear. She sang, asked if I though it was beautiful, and then listed off my choices again.
| Sophia showing her funny face. |
She loves books and letters. We have been doing activities and some of them have been about letters. She is learning to sound out small words. We have checked out books with cd's from the library and she listens to them until she has them memorized, and then wants to listen to them more.
This summer she has learned how to ride her bike. We have learned to not take good weather for granted (while we were in Vancouver) and go on a walk or bike ride almost every day. There is a SLIGHT incline up the street and Sophia always wants to go uphill first and gets a little nervous going downhill for the first few minutes. Also this summer she has started to give up her nap. I think it's for real this time. She naps about every other day but has quiet time even if she doesn't sleep.
She loves pink and this shirt was her favorite all summer. I had to hide it sometimes because I knew if she saw it, she would choose it. She likes to dress up like a princess and wants to be one for Halloween (even though she has had very limited exposure to princesses). She still loves Signing Time (which Audrey watches with her once in a while too) and Dora and she likes to play a Diego game on her "computer".
She also likes to make us laugh. She can be very silly. Earlier this summer we went to Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. Sophia now will say randomly, "Garden of the Gods!" when we least expect it and think it is so funny. Sometimes it really is funny because it is so random and out of the blue. She probably says it a few times a week.
I took her to the doctor with Audrey because she was small at her 3 year well-child check and we wanted to do a height and weight check. Here are her stats from then and now.
3 year
Weight 26 lbs (5%)
Height 35 in (7%)
3 year 5 months
Weight 28.8 lbs (30%)
Height 36 in (30%)
Lastly, a video of her sounding out a few words and clips of her reading reciting"Curious George Goes Camping". She has the book 95% memorized.




What a cutie! I love the "garden of the gods" thing. And I can't believe that in 5 mo such a small difference in weight and height changes her percentile so much. Glad she's growing though and doing well. :) Excited to see you guys in a week or so!
ReplyDeleteShe has the cutest voice in her reading with Nana and she is getting so smart! I can't believe how grown up she is now. We can't wait to see you guys in a couple of months.
ReplyDelete