Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lighthouse Park

We went to Lighthouse Park in February (also part of the stay-cation).  We invited our friends, the Goeders.  We loved hanging out with them and they were a perfect match for our family because they had a daughter exactly Sophia's age and another (younger) daughter.  In other words, Sophia had a friend and they understood having two little ones.  And, most importantly, Jessie and Jeff are awesome.

One great thing about Lighthouse Park is that I found it by looking on the Google Maps app on my phone.  I was looking around for green areas near the water and when I saw one called Lighthouse Park, I knew we had to go.  So we did!  We couldn't get very close to the lighthouse (bummer) but there was a beautiful forest to hike through and some nice views.

The trail into the park

The lighthouse!

Our friends!

We got used to dressing a lot warmer when we went near the ocean.





Rock formations on another side of the park facing downtown




Downtown Vancouver


Rocks look so beautiful covered in moss



Look at all that moss!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment