Sunday, July 29, 2012

America vs Canada: Bowling

That's right... bowling is different in Canada!  (BTW, I've decided with the Olympics taking place now, it's a great time for me to finish some posts about our time outside of this great country).  

We were invited by our friends, the Goeders, to go glow-in-the-dark bowling one Saturday and we were shocked to see the pins and balls when we got there!

The lane width was the same but the pins were smaller, and there are only five pins.  (They call it Five pin bowling).  


And the balls are smaller and there aren't holes for your fingers.  And you get three balls per turn instead of two (unless you get a strike...).  We had a great time although my score wasn't very good.  But, let's be honest, it's not very good in 10 pin bowling either. :)  I think I like 10 pin better but maybe only because I'm more used to it. 

Holding the ball for size reference

One benefit of lighter, smaller balls was that our girls could play too. 



Sophia watching her ball's progress.

Our friends' daughter
I guess some bowling alleys have both 5 and 10 pin bowling, and some have just 10 pin bowling.  What a confused nation... :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment