Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sophia's 3rd Birthday!

A big announcement before I talk about Soph's birthday.  Braden got a job offer!  It is for the company in Wisconsin (Epic).  We are so excited to have a job offer.  It's a great company but far away.  Braden will probably accept it if he doesn't have another offer before this one expires (two weeks).  But the start date wouldn't be until September so he would still have time to find something closer before then.  I think he feels good knowing there is an end to unemployment in sight.

OK, on to something important....

Soph turned 3 at the end of May right before the big move.  We didn't have a party because it was not emotionally possible for me to do that with everything else.  But we did have a great time.  On her birthday she went to a friends house in the morning while Braden and I packed.  That night we had cake and ice cream and gave her a present I had gotten for her a month or so earlier (thank goodness).  I was in no state to buy things.  I did make her a chocolate chip bundt cake and the candles on her cake made her eyes light up!  That was the part she talked about the next day.  

Her new lady bug dress up
Checking out her antennae
Thrilled about the candles
Eating her cake
Our cute, chocolate-covered 3-year-old

A video of Soph opening her present.  I love the look on her face when she sees the headband.  (And, btw, a bingo bug is from an iphone app that she plays occasionally...)   


Sophia's Birthday Part II: Bowen Island tomorrow!

2 comments: