Overall, I think Sophia has been doing pretty well adjusting to Audrey joining our family. There have been both hard times and good times. Sophia has been a little more generally disobedient but the poor girl has been cooped up in the house with a tired mama that seems to always be feeding the baby.
Some of the good times
Soph has a stuffed animal puppy that she loves. A few times she has brought it over to Audrey and laid it by her or on her and told me that she is sharing with Audrey.
When she goes to bed she makes sure to give Audrey a kiss goodnight. She "kisses" the top of her head. Her kiss includes putting her lips close to or on Audrey's head and then breathing through her nose. They she tells us that she "sniffed her". I think this may be because the first time she did it I said something about her kiss being more like a sniff, but I can't remember.
Sometimes Sophia acts very excited about Audrey and will talk about everything she is doing. She will say things like, "She's moving around!" and, "She's making noise!" She has also said, "She's funny and cute!" But she can't say her "c's" so it sounds more like tute. She also describes everyone she likes as funny so I guess it's a compliment.
Some of the hard times:
We brought Audrey home at 2pm and Soph had been at the hospital since probably 10 or 11 that day. It took longer than we thought to get out of there and Sophia was hungry and tired. In that state, when we got home, she was very upset when I got the carseat out and brought Audrey into the house.
A few days after Audrey was born, I took her to a well-child check and left Sophia home with my mom. I explained that I was taking Audrey to the doctor and would be home soon. Sophia wanted to go to but I didn't bring her. When we got home, Sophia tried to hit Audrey and then threw the fake, plastic grapes she was playing with at Audrey. They weren't very heavy but they hit her hand and she started to cry.
She has swung at Audrey a few other times but she doesn't hit her and it doesn't seem like she is actually trying to hit her, but trying to get my attention.
Finally, two questions we get often are:
- Does she look like Sophia did?
- Did Sophia have all that dark hair?




Those pictures are so sweet! And I definitely think they look similar, but I bet they'll have some more obvious differences when Audrey gets a little older.
ReplyDeleteSHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!! Wow. Love all the pics and the stories. Hang in there. Those first few months are rough, but they do get better! Love you guys!!! xxoxo
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm okay with Soph having her own iPod. I just had to give you a little flack for it! :-) xoxo