AUDREY IS HERE! I know, it's old news now (for most of you).
The Birth
I woke up at 4:00 AM Wednesday (July 13th) morning and thought I had wet my pants. I went to the bathroom and was thinking about how Braden was never going to let me live it down when I realized my bladder had not been able to hold that much for months. Then it dawned on me that my water broke and I started to panic. My doctor had told me that my labor would go very fast and I needed to get to the hospital right away so I was worried. Then I realized I wasn’t having contractions but notified Braden that my water broke. We didn’t know if we should leave since I wasn’t having contractions, but decided that we needed to. We called Jodi, she came, and we went to the hospital.
![]() |
| In the birthing room, waiting for the nurses to come hook me up to the monitors. Looking too happy to be in labor... |
![]() |
| After her bath - exhausted from fighting the nurse that was bathing her. |
Jodi brought Sophia to see us at the hospital. She was excited to see "baby Audey". She wanted to hold her and touch her eyes and nose and mouth. The first of MANY reminders to "be soft" was given then.
Audrey had slightly low blood sugar after she was born. On subsequent checks she would barely pass or be slightly under, but she improved a bit after a while. She was tired and not interested in eating much, and I was tired of them having to take her every 3 hours and poke her little heel to test her blood. I was also tired of them coming in and waking me up to take my blood pressure and temperature. So we pleaded to be discharged early and got our wish! We went home Thursday at 2pm.
![]() |
| Getting her clothes on to come home. |
![]() |
| So happy to go home and sleep in our own beds!! |
We are in love!! She is such a good baby. She is very mellow and hardly cries. I have much more to say and more pictures to post, but it's time for this mom to get to bed!








YAY! I haven't called because I'm terrified of waking you up. But, so excited to hear more.
ReplyDeleteI am already smitten with her and I haven't even met her. You two make some CUTE babies! =) I haven't wanted to bug you either, but I am glad for the blog post so I could know more! =)
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! congratulations!!!! yayyyyy!! i'm so excited to see you next month my dear friend! love to you all!!
ReplyDelete