Earlier this summer we bought a membership to the Hogle Zoo and went again on Labor Day. Sophia loves going and can do the sign for elephant. If I tell her we are going to go see animals (which could mean going to the pet store, Thanksgiving Point Farms, or the Zoo) she will say elephant. I think it's really cute. These pictures are actually from our first trip but I thought I would post them.
We love to see baby Zuri. I probably love to see Zuri the most of any of us :)
On this trip a giraffe was near the fence and we got to check out its long tongue.
The most exciting thing that has ever happened when we have been there is when two tigers were right in front of the window. The zoo was not crowded this day and we had a front row view. It was VERY cool to see tigers this close. The video is of the tiger in the water standing about two inches from the glass. A little girl next to us had a big, bright butterfly visor and the tiger was watching very intently and looked like he wished he could see how it tasted.

On another note, I know most of my readers don't check my blog to see if I've posted pictures of animals...
Here is Sophia with one of her favorite toys, an iPhone. She is actually very savvy and can turn our phones on, unlock them, and get to the keyboard/search screen to type. If we open up the photo album she can flip through the photos. It's kinda scary.

Dad keeping an eye on her his prized possession.


No comments:
Post a Comment