Here are my notes/changes. It serves 2. I leave out the broth or use water and increase the salt a tiny bit. I also use dried basil and parsley when I don't have fresh and just add it when I add the salt and pepper. I'm not sure how much because I just throw it in but maybe 1-2 teaspoons. I use frozen pasta and then whenever we have tomatoes that are ripe I can whip it up! I'm sure you could also blend up a can or two of canned tomatoes. Enjoy!
Saucy One Pan Ravioli or Tortellini
2 c Tomatoes
1 clove garlic
3/4 c chicken broth
1/4 t salt
3/4 c chicken broth
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
9 oz refrigerated (or frozen) ravioli
2 T fresh basil
1 T fresh Italian parsley (optional)
1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese
Blend tomatoes and garlic until smooth. Transfer to a sauce pan. Add broth and salt and pepper. Boil. Add ravioli and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 6-8 minutes (until pasta is tender). Stir occasionally. Stir in basil and parsley. Spoon onto plates (bowls). Sprinkle with cheese.
Sounds yummy! I think I'm gonna try it. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteIf it is fast and easy I will try it too. Besides, I like your cooking.
ReplyDeleteIt was fast and easy (and yummy)! Thanks for sharing your secrets with us.
ReplyDelete