The people....
The people here have been so nice. People from our ward helped unload the truck Monday night and Tuesday night we had two of the families stop by to say hi and bring us a treat, soap, toothpaste, cereal, and milk. So many people introduced themselves at church Sunday and made us feel so welcome. Two women stood out in particular. They are both American and were giving me advice to help me get acclimated, but more on that later.
I also wanted to mention how great it was to have Carolyn and Mark here and helping us. I said yesterday that Carolyn spent hours scrubbing our disgusting floor. They helped us make some good progress on getting settled here. And, it was very helpful to have Carolyn fly with me and the girls. There is no way I could have done it with only two hands. Braden was so grateful to have Mark accompany him on the drive.
While they were here we went to the Stanley Park Aquarium which is near downtown Vancouver. We bought a membership to it and they had some fun things to see. My favorite part was where you could touch starfish and sea anemones. Here is Soph reaching in...
and these are they anemones you could touch...
They have a few dolphin shows and beluga whale shows each day.
 |
| All of their dolphins were injured before coming to the Aquarium. |
They also have times you can see them feed the sea lions and they have a fun Amazon forest board walk where you can walk through surrounded by birds, lots of butterflies, and a sloth.
 |
| Photo taken by Braden |
 |
| Photo taken by Braden |
 |
| In the rainforest... notice the cute little baby hair sticking up above the Bjorn. |
 |
| The fam after a fun day! |
There was much more to see but I only included some of the highlights. We bought memberships that are good for a year- so come visit us and we will show you around!
I love that people were so welcoming to you guys. The park looks awesome. Those dolphins are really pretty and different looking. The sloth is cool. I thought it was funny you said which pictures were taken by Braden. Did he was credit? ;)
ReplyDeleteGood pics Braden. I am so glad people have been welcoming!! Yay! I love the pictures. I heard a bit about the aquarium when I picked Carolyn and Mark up from the airport. I am hoping you are getting a bit more settled in, and that things are going a bit smoother!
ReplyDeletewait...why do they injure the dolphins before placing them in the aquarium?
ReplyDelete