I had my first introduction to yoga in high school and it was love at first sight. I usually hated gym class but the day our teacher put in a "PM Yoga" video was a definite exception (as well as when we did rollerskating, but that's a different post). I have had periods of higher and lower commitment and I would definitely categorize this pregnancy as "high commitment" because it feels SOOO GOOD! With the increased movement restrictions and all the the weight I'm carrying on the front, it feels great to move and stretch and sometimes more so than others. I was sick this week and did yoga Friday after not exercising all week. It was AWESOME and I felt like I had to encourage anyone who hasn't tried yoga to give it a shot.
Here are some pics and a video of Soph doing yoga with me- taken a few weeks ago. She loves to "do yoda". The pink blanket is her "mat". The video isn't the best videography, but you can get the idea.
Finally, here is a link to my favorite yoga instructor of all time (with the huge exception of my friend, Jess). I attended her class faithfully for years while at BYU with different friends and roommates and discovered a few years ago that I could do her classes online. They are all different- so if you try it and don't like one- start a different type of class before you give up. She also has aerobics on the site.
(Click on "all seasons" on the right hand side just above the thumbnails of the videos for a drop down that helps you select just yoga or just aerobics.)


No comments:
Post a Comment