Friday, January 21, 2011

Back in Business!

Since Sophia started saying "mama" I felt my life was complete and had no reason to blog because I was in "mama" bliss.  

Actually, I wish that is why I didn't blog.  (Warning: whining and complaining to follow- skip this paragraph if you have no compassion.)  The truth is, shortly after my last post we prepared for and went on a Disney World vacation, came home to morning sickness (I'm preggo for anyone that hasn't heard!!!!!), and lived in survival mode until about 1 minute ago when I started this post.  After a LONG December of feeling sick and tired and getting nothing done for Christmas or life in general, we came back from a trip to Denver and I had a cold, which was followed by Sophia having a different cold, Sophia getting a double ear infection (read: crying all night one night and two noob parents not knowing what to do because we didn't know she had even one ear infection), Braden and I both getting Sophia's cold, Sophia developing a rash which the doctor said was from a virus (not the amoxicillin) and continued to get worse, followed by a fever, another terrible night of vomiting, doing laundry/cleaning all day to take care of the rest of the vomiting that happened while Jodes was babysitting and I was working yesterday (all the while feeling overwhelmed at the volume of pictures/videos I would like to share/document).

So don't judge me if I'm a terrible blogger.

Here are some pictures of Soph's rash.  The first three are from Wednesday evening and the last two are from tonight.





It is sometimes itchy and she started using my nail brush to brush her legs in the bath today.  Calamine lotion seems to help.  I feel really bad for her, although she has been pretty happy this week even though she is sick.  Braden and I are really hoping we don't pick up this illness from her as well.  

The good side to all my complaints:  I'm pregnant and so excited!  I don't think Sophia was sick for the first year of her life, and for that we have been grateful!  Also, although I felt terrible, I am so glad I am not one of those poor women that throw up often or at all during pregnancy and I know things could have been a lot worse.  I am also grateful that morning sickness waited for me to get back from Florida before coming to visit.  

5 comments:

  1. My poor little Sophia!!! I am still so excited about your pregnancy, and I am so sad about all the sickness in your house! We are always thinking about you guys and wondering how you are doing?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little Soph! We miss seeing her, and I'm so sorry that she has been sick and you guys as well. As soon as everyone is better, we would love to get together and hang out. Hope you guys get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For my birthday, I want Sophia's rash to go away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I didn't know it was so terrible. What an awful few weeks with one hit after the next. I'm glad you guys are doing better. And as another noob parent, what do you do for an ear infection? And how do you know if your baby has one? I know they are pretty common, so it would be good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendra, it was hard for us to know if she had an ear infection because she was not pulling on her ear. She was just crying A LOT that night (I guess they get worse at night) and we did eventually give her some ibuprofen. At the doc the next day, they dx it (I did the dx for you from our work days...) and then he told me to give her ibuprofen for pain and inflammation, antibiotic for the infection, liquid children's zyrtec for her lingering cold symtoms/congestion. I guess we maybe could have known because she had a cold that had started to get better but then she got worse at night at the end of her cold. I think they happen at the end of a cold because of the fluid you get in your ears when you are congested. Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete