Monday, October 11, 2010

Lobstah!

Braden went to Boston this weekend.  We were so glad to pick him from the airport yesterday morning.  
I have to mention how proud I am of him and some of his accomplishments.

His greatest accomplishment was definitely eating some regional specialties.  My seafood phobic husband ate clam chowder and lobster!



Way to go, Braden!!!

Also, but not nearly as notable, Braden attended a small conference at Bentley University.  This conference was attended by the top researchers in Information Systems security and you could only attend if you had a paper accepted to the conference.  Braden had worked on two papers with two different professors that were accepted to the conference and he had the opportunity to present one of them.  Presenting at this conference will count as having a publication when he applies to PhD schools!  

Since it was a small conference, Braden was able to get to know many of these researchers and was given great advice about which schools to apply to.  He said his favorite part of the trip was networking and meeting everyone.  

As if that wasn't enough to make Braden feel a little important, he was voted in as a member of a UN recognized International Federation of Information Processing Technical Committee on Information Systems Security.  In truth, his membership in this group really doesn't mean anything, but it will look good when he applies for school.  

Finally, he was able see a tiny bit of Boston after the conference and went to Harvard and MIT with a few people from the conference.  He was impressed with the number of trees and the old architecture.  I am very sad I didn't get to go...











4 comments:

  1. So cool!! Does that mean he is looking at different schools now? Very cool pictures from Boston and I am sure proud of him for going down the seafood road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is looking at a lot of schools and will probably apply to about 5. U of A is for sure in the running but there are schools in Georgia, Indiana, Pittsburg and others he will look at and probably apply to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so crazy! I am so excited to see where your little family ends up so he can become "Dr." (so silly... he has always been smart, I just never thought he would have the title Dr.!)

    ReplyDelete